- Proof that you received an average monthly income of at least $3,000 during the last year ($5,000 if you bring your family)
- A travel medical insurance that covers the applicant for the entire duration of stay
- Payed application fee
To be able to extend a visa to a second year, the holder has to spend at least 180 days of the first year in Costa Rica.
You are not allowed to do any paid work or services in Costa Rica.
- exempt from paying local income taxes
- permitted to open a bank account
- Permission to use the driver's license of your home country
- Can be extended for the second year